After reading thru all of these "fixes" none worked so I did some of my own problem solving and found that the problem was either having more than one google account on my device at once OR that the account I was using wasn't properly synced (I deleted extra accounts and really synced at the same time so not sure which it was),
1. Open up settings
2. Find the accounts app
3. Once inside select "google accounts"
4. Delete all unnecessary accounts (again, optional step cuz I'm not sure)
5. Re sync all accounts and make sure none of them fail to sync properly because the device doesn't tell you if it fails
6. Then you should be good :) I'd also recommend trying the force stop, clear cache and data that the other guy said because I did that along with this